Saturday, October 19, 2013

Getting it Together

    Here are a couple more little (5"x 5")  Aquabord watercolors painted recently.
The process was like the one used for the previous post.  I transferred the deer and
the circles and shapes were added organically.  I wanted a holiday feel without being
too "Christmasy" and designed elements as I felt were needed.  Pull Pony was kept
sweet and simple.  I have been working on these and some needle felted chicks,
birds and owls.  I will tweet pics of the tweeters later this week.
(Follow me https://twitter.com/RachelBollman so you don't miss!)
 

    Although it's fun to do craft shows and I could use a little cash I fear I am just
getting distracted from children's book illustration.  My focus is on kid or kid-like
art, it's all related.  I am inspired by crafty works.  Time is being divided between
both worlds, and in doing so I know it will all make sense one day.  It's just the way
I work right now.  My art style is versatile, and I am embracing that.
    I am very happy that I finalized my book Buggie Boo, What Can You Do
At The Circus?  yesterday.  I am working on my website and will post my revised
(based on comments from conferences) pages by Friday.  Set some crazy goals the
other night, but I did manage to sketch, and have a digital illustration for my website
(http://raradesig3.wix.com/rachelbollman almost completed.   Decided to work on the website this
week.
    Please visit your local library!   Humans need books!  (I am reading Humans by
http://twitter.com/matthaig1 and highly recommend you and your alien clone friends check it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment