Friday, October 13, 2017

Moonrise Madness

Hello friends!
I'm working on some fan art, Wes Anderson (films:
Moonrise Kingdom, Fantastic Mr. Fox, plus other
greats!) themed.  I'm in a show coming up in November.

I decided to do this for fun and practice, along with Inktober.
At times I feel it might be distracting me from working
on my kid's books but really, I can see my work growing
as I do each piece.  Actually it is feeling like a bit of an
adventure in exploring different methods, trying to figure
out which I like best, honing my skills.  You know,  drawing
skills, inking skills, painting skills.  (Napoleon Dynamite ref.!)
If you would like to see my Inktober work check out my
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rachelchristinadesign/
Here is a sample of a print pattern I am working on...inspired
by Moonrise Kingdom's Suzy and kitten.





















I'm printing it on fabric and will cover moleskin
sketchbook journals with it.
I am also working on some other pieces including
some fun Fantastic Fox art!  I'll give you a peek
next time!   * Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment