Friday, September 6, 2013

Getting Bord? Aquabord!

  This week I was excited to get into a craft show that will be going on in November.
I am going to focus on doing some little paintings for children's rooms.  I will have to
divide my time between creating work for the show and a book I am working on, but
I think it will be good to have a little nest egg of finished work.  
    Here are some sketches of a few ideas.  Wanted to have a sweet look little girls
and boys might like.  A friend gave me the idea to personalize them (thanks Teresa!)
  I thought it would be best  to
keep it simple , since I am using
small Aquabord I just bought.
(It does come in bigger sizes,
just more expensive.)  I have
never used this but am
excited to try it.  It is supposed
to absorb watercolor like a
"fine paper".
   Recently I also purchased
Stonehenge drawing paper
which was recommended to
me by an art teacher.  It is so
heavy and feels great.  I am
almost  afraid to use it!

I bought these from Blick
art supplies.  The Aquabord
is affordable but the paper a bit pricey but I was getting let down by cheap paper
after doing so much work.  I will save this paper for final art.
  My art teacher also recommended drawing gum.  I bought Pebeo brand, though I
am not  sure of the quality.   It has been ages since I have tried it and I recognized
this brand.  Anxious to try out all of these but a bit intimidated.  It always feels that
way a little when breaking in new supplies.  Best to just go for it.  See you next
week, until then, happy, happy, joy, joy.



2 comments:

  1. congratulations on the show, and I'm looking forward to seeing your body of work develop. Stonehenge is a great surface for painting. I have used it for years, and it's a great surface if you ever mix graphite/paint/pastel. you can really layer with this paper!

    ReplyDelete